Freedom of information requests
Listed below are all the Freedom of Information requests the project has received since the beginning of the delivery phase (July 2020):
- Requester sought a copy of the Community Ranger's work schedule; to know how many times he might have been in Carrbridge and for what purpose; whether he'd been deployed elsewhere within the National Park; and a breakdown of the budget allocation for the role. The information held was provided and the requester was directed to this link and this link.
- Requester sought a copy of the end of season report that 'the Carrbridge Ranger has written ... on his activities in Carrbridge'. The information held was provided and the requester was directed to this link.
- Requester sought an annual breakdown of project spending and contracts awarded. The information was provided and the requester was directed to this link.
- Requester sought a list of the events and activities held in Carrbridge and the number of attendees at each. The information held was provided and the requester was directed to this link.
- Requester sought names of those in attendance at 'Capercaillie Working Group' meetings on specific dates. The request was similar in nature to another received by the same requester. Some of the information previously provided was repeated and the requester was directed to this link.
- Requester sought an attendance list for the 'Capercaillie working group' meetings on specific dates. The information held was provided and the requester was directed to this link.
Governance and management
The Project Board meet every 3 months to review the project’s progress towards it's approved purposes and submit a formal progress report to the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF). The latest progress report is here: Project Progress Report: 1 January - 31 March 2022
Every 3 months the NLHF meet with the Project Manager and a member of the Project Board to review and discuss the project’s progress towards it's approved purposes. The NLHF also monitor and support the project through adhoc meetings as required.
The Operational Management Team, which operates under a Partnership Agreement, is responsible for offering advice and support to help join up and strengthen the project's work. The membership of the Operational Management Team and meeting notes can be found here.
All the capercaillie images on this website were taken under a NatureScot licence by Mark Hamblin of SCOTLAND: The Big Picture
All of the images are under copyright, so please get in touch if you're interested in using them.
Managing capercaillie data
All capercaillie information collected through this website is managed in accordance with the Capercaillie Data Sharing Policy which can be found here.
Managing your data
All personal information collected through this website is managed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will not, under any circumstances, share it with a third party or sell it. It will only ever be used for the purposes for which it was obtained and until such time as you ask for it to be removed.
Some of the maps displayed in this website contain Ordnance Survey Premium API data. These data are provided under their OS API Terms and Conditions. You can use these data for personal and non-commercial use only. You are not permitted to download, store or extract any of the Premium API data.
We are committed to ensuring the greatest possible public, social and economic benefit from the project's work. If you’d like to use, share and reuse any of the resources on this website, including images, reports, content, sound and video recordings please get in touch.
Predator Monitoring Survey within Kinveachy Forest Special Protection Area, January 2021 - A study commissioned by the Carrbridge Capercaillie Group
Listed below are all the tenders issued by the project since the beginning of the delivery phase (July 2020):
June 2021: Developing a new approach to estimating the size of the UK capercaillie population using genetic material Awarded to: RZSS
June 2021: Evaluation film brief - Sharing the learning and achievements of the mountain biking community; working to deliver conservation solutions in the Cairngorms National Park Awarded to: James Hutton Limited
April 2021: Path improvements - design phase: To enable thriving capercaillie areas around Carrbridge and paths and outdoor spaces around the village for all residents and visitors to enjoy (Issued on behalf of the Carrbridge Capercaillie Group) Awarded to: Philip Thompson Ltd
February 2021: Visitor research brief: To enable thriving capercaillie areas and high quality sustainable visitor experiences in Abernethy Forest, Rothiemurchus and Glenmore Forest Park Awarded to: Heritage Pathfinder Ltd
November 2020: Revised capercaillie national population estimate (Issued on behalf of the Carrbridge Capercaillie Group) Awarded to: Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
November 2020: Trail camera study of predator activity in core capercaillie areas within Kinveachy Forest (Issued on behalf of the Carrbridge Capercaillie Group) Awarded to: Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
October 2020: Developing and delivering a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for the Cairngorms Capercaillie Project Awarded to: The Evaluator. Re-awarded to: Heritage Pathfinder Ltd
October 2020: Analysing the genetic diversity of the capercaillie population in the Cairngorms National Park Awarded to: RZSS
July 2020: Capercaillie brood surveying on Seafield and Strathspey Estates, Summer 2020 Awarded to: Highland Field & Forest / Instinct
July 2020: Capercaillie brood surveying on Rothiemurchus Estate, Summer 2020 Awarded to: Highland Field & Forest / Instinct