Meet the team

We like to think we're a friendly bunch, committed to helping people from all walks of life get involved in securing the future for capercaillie in the UK.

carolyn_robertson_600x600

Carolyn Robertson

Project Manager

A big fan of wildlife, wild places and good times in the great outdoors on bike, foot or boat. Carolyn lives in Boat of Garten and has been working on the project from the early days in 2018.

Carolyn is employed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority and her role is fully funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Elspeth-Grant.jpg

Elspeth Grant

Project Officer

At home in Nethy Bridge with horses, dogs and ducks, Elspeth is a 'keep calm and carry on' kind of girl, fresh from the Tomintoul and Glenlivet Partnership Programme and a big part of Explore Abernethy.

Elspeth is employed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority and her role is fully funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Ruari

Ruari Watt

Highland Development Co-Ordinator

Mountain biking since the early 1990's, Ruari is on the team to help riders in the National Park thrive alongside capercaillie. Handy on a bike, but also on the hill as a member of Mountain Rescue. An active bean, Ruari makes others in the team feel a wee bit lazy!

Ruari is employed by Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland and his role is 50% funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Jocasta-Mann.jpg

Jocasta Mann

Communications Officer

Usually up a hill, in a forest, excited by all that nature has to offer and bringing people together, Jocasta has her English teacher from Grantown Grammar to thank for being the wordsmith in the team.

Jocasta is employed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority. She works four days a week and her role is fully funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

david_clark.jpg

David Clark

Gamekeeper

Better known as 'Poppy', David is a reliable source of banter, rugby punditry and is living the high life in the strath after spending the last 16 years living 14 miles up a glen on the Alladale Estate.

David is employed by Seafield & Strathspey Estates and works full time for the Cairngorms Capercaillie Project. His role is 90% funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The Estate fund the remaining 10% and provide accommodation.

Molly Doubleday

Molly Doubleday

Capercaillie Advisory Officer

Never happier than in a pine forest, or occasionally escaping to see her family on Arran, Molly has been with the project from the very start and dreams of building a tiny home in the strath.

Molly is employed by the RSPB and works three days a week for the Cairngorms Capercaillie Project. 60% of her role is therefore funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Helen-Gray.jpg

Helen Gray

Capercaillie Advisory Assistant

Surveying capercaillie for over a decade, there's not a lot Helen doesn't know about what capercaillie get up to in the Cairngorms. At home in Newtonmore, where she lives with her team of dogs, Helen is also a keen wildlife photographer.

Helen is employed by the RSPB and works solely on the Cairngorms Capercaillie Project. She works three days and her role is fully funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Naomi-Kaye.jpg

Naomi Kaye

Project Coordinator

Happiest outside on foot, boat, skis or bike, Naomi is an outdoor instructor come admin wizard. Never one to take life too seriously, Naomi lives in Aviemore and should really work for Visit Scotland - she's infectiously enthusiastic about the Cairngorms!

Naomi is employed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority. She works four days a week and her role is fully funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Get in touch

We're always keen to hear from people. If you have a question, an idea, or anything you think we can help with, please drop us a line.